Thursday, April 2, 2009

Meal planning tip

My husband is vehemently opposed to The Los Angeles Times, so no coupons (and alas, no Grocery Game) for me. And even though I have less on my plate than Bobbi does (pun completely intended!), I don't want to spend my entire weekend running from grocery store to grocery store.

So, I've recently subscribed to E-Mealz (http://e-mealz.com/). For $5 a month, you get weekly meal plans and aisle-by-aisle grocery lists. You can choose your plan by the store you frequent (they have Kroger, Ralphs and Wal-Mart, among others) or dietary preference (low carb, low fat or "points," which is Weight Watchers-friendly but not official). You can also choose a plan for 2 people or for a family of 4-6 people.

Thus far, I'm pleased with my purchase ("Points," any store, 2 people). The shopping list is easy to read, and although it's organized by aisle, it's easy to figure out which ingredients to cross out if you want to skip a meal. Still, I'm new to the service, so I'll post a more thorough review in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment